Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Meet the Team - Matt

Today you meet Matt, our audio engineer, a key role when you are running a Jukebox Show...


 > Can you tell us few words about you?
My name is Matt Livingstone, during the week I supply sound gear to the local film and TV industries at Sound Techniques, in my spare time I work as an audio engineer and play guitar in a noisy band called Antagonist A.D.


> How are you involved in the Jukebox Dance Show?
I look after the sound design and run the sound desk on show day (Jukebox Operator).

> When, how and why did you start working with Pineapple Productions?
My girlfriend Nicole joined the Pineapple team last year and I’ve since jumped on board and helped out with anything sound related (and carrying costumes and chairs!).

> What do you bring to the table as an Audio Engineer and what kind of experience does Pineapple give you in that field?
Pineapple dances are always engaging and energetic, so as an audio engineer I’ve got to think quickly on my feet and anticipate anything that might go wrong. The key is to keep the momentum going and keep the focus on the primary attraction (the dancing!). If nobody notices the sound then I’m doing my job right!

> Why did you decide to take part in the Jukebox Dance Show? What attracts you in this show?
The Jukebox Dance Show is very unique, and no two performances are the same. I love the energy and commitment of everyone involved, and to see everyone working together to make it a success is awesome. It’s a great feeling to be a part of it.

> Do you have a favourite choreography in the setlist?
I love the Poison choreography, it’s so original and has a really dark feel to it. On the flipside, Babies of the Blitz is a fun light-hearted number that always goes down well.


> Anything else to add?
Please come to the shows! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment