Thursday, December 13, 2012

Meet the Team - Delphine

Today you meet Delphine, dancer, vintage lover and assistant to the costume mistress...


> Can you tell us few words about you?
Hi, my name is Delphine. I work as a receptionist. I’ve always loved to dance. And read. And watch fantasy movies, travel around the world, visit museums and play with fire. You could say I’m a bit of an escapist.

> How are you involved in the Jukebox Dance Show?
As one of the dancers, I’m dancing in the Vintage Dances.
As the Assistant Wardrobe Mistress, I make sure that all the costumes are sorted and mended and are ok to dance in!

> When and why did you start dancing?
I started my first ballet classes when I was 5 years old, and although there have been a few breaks here and there, I have danced most of my life, trying various styles.
Why did I start? Cos my mother wanted me to have better deportment!


> When, how and why did you start working with Pineapple Productions?
I was dancing with Julie before Pineapple started, so it was a natural progression to join the company. So I’ve been a Pineapple for about a year and a half - from the beginning.

> How did you end up being the assistant wardrobe mistress of the company and can you tell us quickly what it involves?
I’m terrible at creating costumes, but am pretty good with mending and making sure costumes aren’t falling apart. Especially with the cancan costumes, I need to keep an eye on them, as the dance is so energetic that broken suspenders, ripped stockings, and missing bows happen every performance.
I’m also working on the storage of these costumes, and a database so that we can keep track of our growing wardrobe.


> Why did you decide to take part in the Jukebox Dance Show? What attracts you in this show?
I love performing, so it’s always great to have the chance to be up on stage. I absolutely love the concept of this show, Julie is so creative and has amazing ideas! I think that this is such a unique concept for a show, and I hope the audience loves it as much as we do!

> Do you have a favourite choreography in the setlist?
The Beachballs! Classic pinup, my favourite. I also adore the cancan, even though I’m not able to dance it any longer.



> Anything else to add?
Come to the show!!! Also, for any show where you are an audience member, don’t be afraid to clap and cheer!! The performers don’t mind at all!


No comments:

Post a Comment