Friday, December 7, 2012

Meet the Team - Erin

Today we meet Erin, a singing and dancing pineapple who also knows how to use a saxophone and a sewing Machine.


> Can you tell us few words about yourself?
My name is Erin Grant and I currently work in an accounts team for an insurance company. When I’m not there, or dancing, I am studying classical and musical theatre singing, and I play the saxophone whenever I have the opportunity.


> How are you involved in the Jukebox Dance Show?
I’m performing in the cancan routines, as well as the vintage ones.

> When and why did you start dancing?
Dancing has always interested me but I didn’t take it up until about 9 years ago when I decided to take a break from music. Since then I’ve had the pleasure of dancing lots of different styles and with heaps of great people.

> When, how and why did you start working with Pineapple Productions?
I’ve been with Pineapple Productions since its inception in 2011, via a cancan workshop run by Julie Anterrieu, Pineapple Productions’ founder and choreographer.

> Why did you decide to take part in the Jukebox Dance Show? What attracts you to this show?
I love the interactive concept of the show. It means the audience doesn’t know what they’re going to see beforehand, and as performers we get some variety as well, which keeps us on our toes.

> Do you have a favourite choreography in the setlist?
Sweet Georgia Brown is my favourite. The Charleston is heaps of fun and is a big crowd-pleaser. Also I used to play a jazzed-up version of the song in my high school jazz band!






No comments:

Post a Comment