Thursday, December 6, 2012

Meet the Team - Kat

Up next is Kat. One of our newest performers who already doubled her amount of time on stage since the last Jukebox show.



> Can you tell us few words about you?
I'm Kat, an aspiring costume designer, currently working in Fashion as a fit model and production assistant.

> How are you involved in the Jukebox Dance Show?
I have designed and created many of the outfits that you will see the dancers wearing on stage for the Jukebox Dance Show, and I am also participating in a number of dances myself with the girls.


> When and why did you start dancing? What about costume making?
I started dancing in September 2011, and I was soon taking 4 classes a week, and I haven't stopped dancing since then. Costume design is something I have always had a passion for. I love creating things, adding details, and seeing the finished article. After studying costume at university, it’s a great feeling to put in a lot of hard work, and then see your creations come alive.

> When, how and why did you start working with Pineapple Productions?
I was invited to join Pineapple Productions as a dancer about 6 months ago, because of my enthusiasm for Cancan, and once the girls discovered I have a talent for costume I soon branched out into creating outfits for the girls to wear on stage.

> What do you bring to the table as a Costumier and what kind of experience does Pineapple give you in that field?
My work with Pineapple has enabled me to have a constant creative outlet, and to gain solid experience in my field. My aim to to help the dancers bring their choreography to life by adding costume and colour that reflects the feel of their many different performances.

Charleston costumes made by Kat

> Why did you decide to take part in the Jukebox Dance Show? What attracts you in this show?
The Jukebox show is such a unique experience to be a part of, constant high energy performances, and quick back-stage turnarounds. The use of audience interaction for a dance show is an idea that has rarely been used, and and this makes the show a different and unique experience every time it is performed.

> Do you have a favourite choreography in the setlist?
I have two favourites, which would have to be the Cancan numbers. Cancan has such an energetic form of dance, and it never fails to get a great audience response. People can recognise it instantly, it has such a cheeky nature, and I get a great sense of pride in performing such a classic French dance.





No comments:

Post a Comment