Sunday, December 16, 2012

Meet the Team - Navin

Today meet Navin, last addition to the Pineapple team!


> Can you tell us few words about you?
Navin, I work in the Accounts Dept at TVNZ

> How are you involved in the Jukebox Dance Show?
I am involved in a few of the contemporary routines. I love them because they are a bit dark and strange.

> When and why did you start dancing?
I started dancing at age 6 when my mum sent me to ballet classes and continued for about 8 years. Then got back into dancing during my uni years mainly doing hip hop but have recently taken contemporary more seriously. If I had to translate dance styles into food then hip hop would be my easy, comfort food like McDonalds while contemporary would be more like fine dining. Both are fun and tasty depending on the day.


> When, how and why did you start working with Pineapple Productions?
I’m a recent immigrant to the pineapple team. Been going to Julie’s contemporary classes for a couple of years now at City Dance and have joined to push myself to learn more dance and movement techniques.

> Why did you decide to take part in the Jukebox Dance Show? What attracts you in this show?
I love the show So You Think You Can Dance and love how many different dance styles the contestants manage to master. The concept of being able to see a vast range of different genres of movement in one show makes it an interesting watch.

> Do you have a favourite choreography in the setlist?
Hide and Seek. The first time I saw this performed it was sort of magical. Those that think chairs are just made for sitting have obviously never seen this choreography before.


> Anything else to add?
Come along to the show, see your favourite dance style and then take one of Julie’s classes and experience it for yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment