Sunday, December 9, 2012

Meet the Team - Nicole

On this sunny Sunday of December you get to meet the youngest of the Pineapple Team, our pretty ballerina and contemporary lover, Nicole...


> Can you tell us few words about you?
My name is Nicole de Malmanche. I am 22 years old (the baby of the company) I am from the humble city of Napier and I like to pretend I am still a small town girl...Day to day I just work a part time job at an International College.. It’s gets me by. The rest of the time I am in the studio, over the bridge at my ballet studio, working behind the scenes at City Dance or running errands for Pineapple Productions.

> How are you involved in the Jukebox Dance Show?
Dancer. Media. Raffle. The ‘funny’ one. I think.

> When and why did you start dancing?
I started when I was 5. A couple of years of skipping around the room, pre-primary exams etc..
I remember being a yellow flower in a Beatrix Potter show that first year. My step dad fell asleep...
Why? I had to ask my mother this.. Apparently it is all I wanted, and nothing else would do. I had to go to ballet class.Sadly for her, it was 16 years of paying for my fees, costumes, ballet shoes..... thanks Mum!


> When, how and why did you start working with Pineapple Productions?
I began taking class with Julie early 2011, and she snatched me up pretty fast to join her technique class- Pineapple Lumps. I was shy and nervous all the time. But I found my niche eventually. Now no one can shut me up. When the opportunity came to to dance French Cancan for a Bastille Day show in July last year, I couldn’t say no. Having French roots (name) I always had a little obsession with wanting to do all things French. Voila. Hooked.

> Why did you decide to take part in the Jukebox Dance Show? What attracts you in this show?
Not taking part in this show would have been out of the question. Let’s just say that. It is way too fun!
This show was just the thing we needed to show our versatility. I am so very into this concept as all of our dancers are from different parts of the world, different walks of life and we are all so different. I’m not just talking place of birth, but look at our heights - We do not discriminate! :) It shows what we do best - Different styles, different people. We all love to please our audiences, so what better way than let them choose?


> Do you have a favourite choreography in the setlist?
Aaaahh.. there are so many!
Top 2 would be Immigrant Song and Keep me Quiet. They have so much depth and are very challenging, character wise. You need to choose them!
Favourite to perform would have to be Babies of the Blitz - It’s cute, fun and always a crowd pleaser!

> Anything else to add?
Don’t miss it! If you know any of the dancers, crew, or even just hearing about it, you have the opportunity to see something really unique. Julie really is a phenomenal choreographer and it’s a fun, friendly and original show- every time. Totally be inspired to accept that diverse concept into your life! See you at the show!








No comments:

Post a Comment